Who we are
The Degree Course in Economics and Management intends to provide its students with knowledge and skills useful in understanding business management, following several profiles and heiress of application. This Course is the reorganization of the previous ones, i.e. Business Management, Economics and Finance, Economics and Management and Economics and Management. Such a reorganization was carried out in full compliance with the new obligations of Italian Ministers’ Decree (D.M. ) 270/04. Therefore, the Degree Course in Economics and Management is, first and foremost, a full heir of the aforementioned Degree Courses. The specific opportunities for further study in some field of Economics the other courses offered are renewed through the activation of specific curricula. Students have to choose the curriculum they want to attend upon their enrolment in the second year, as follows:
- The curriculum in Business Economics (CLEA, from its Italian acronym) intends to educate and train its students and graduates to be professionals having specific skills in business management, especially concerning management and ICT systems;
- The curriculum in Economics and Finance (CLEF, from its Italian acronym ) intends to educate and train its students and graduates in all those specific skills needed to manage those businesses and companies active in financial brokering and markets, as well as in those competences needed to manage companies in other business sectors;
- The curriculum in Economics and Internationalization (CLEI, from its Italian acronym) intends to provide its students and graduates with those competences and concepts allowing them to operate in multinational companies, in undertakings involved in import-export activities, as well as in international organizations;
- The curriculum in Economics and Marketing (CLAM, from its Italian acronym) intends to provide its students and graduates with knowledge allowing them to understand, analyze and manage those business and market policies public and private organizations, as well as industrial, commercial and service-based undertakings operating in free-market conditions carry out.
- The curriculum in Economics and New Digital Technologies (CLED, from its Italian acronym) imparts its students and graduates knowledge and competences useful in making the most of the most advanced digital technologies in those fields and areas the CLEM Course proposes, proving to be interdisciplinary.
Therefore, the professional profiles graduates in Economics and Management acquire concern the following issues directly:
-Management and ICT-based activities of companies;
-The financial management of businesses of any kind;
-Some activities carried out by internationally active companies (or by international organizations);
-The management of market policies di carried out by companies, public and private organizations operating in free-market conditions;
-The management of digital technologies in the financial sector, including marketing and administration.
Therefore, graduates in Economics and Management are able to land positions of responsibility within companies operating in several economic sectors and occupy several different kinds of positions, as well as entering free professions or achieve operational roles within international or non-governmental organizations.
In particular, graduates in Economics and Management - namely the CLEA curriculum - can become certified accountants as per the Italian Legislative Decree (D.Lgs.) of June 28, 2005 n. 139, or train as auditors, compliant with the Italian Legislative Decree (D.Lgs.) of January 27, 2010, n. 39.
Furthermore, graduates in Economics and Management - namely the CLEA curriculum - can effectively go on in their studies towards achieving second-level Degrees in Business and Economics.
Graduates in Economics and Management – namely the CLEF curriculum - can reach the following specific professional outcomes: business administration in companies, business consulting in both ordinary and extraordinary enterprise operations; operational roles in import-export businesses, multinational companies or international organizations; operational roles in financial institutions or on the financial management of industrial and commercial businesses, as well as operational roles in management.
Graduates in Economics and Management – namely the CLEI curriculum - can reach the following specific professional outcomes: operational and management roles in service-based companies, in undertakings being active in import-export, within multinational or international organizations, as well as operational and management roles in research institutions.
Graduates in Economics and Management – namely the CLAM curriculum - can reach positions of responsibility in marketing, sales, commercial areas and in logistics in all those businesses active in production, supply and services. The multidisciplinary base graduates build up during this Course is also able to foster their professional growth towards positions of responsibility.
Specific examples of professional outcomes for graduates in Economics and Management – namely the CLAM curriculum- can be the following: operational roles within companies active in import-export, in multinational companies or in international organizations, strategic and operational roles within consumer marketing and trade marketing, operational roles in buying, sales and logistics, as well as in planning and implementing the internal and external communication activities for companies, as well as selecting sales and marketing channels. Advertising companies, research institutes and consulting firms are further relevant positions for graduates in Economics and Management – namely the CLAM curriculum.
Graduates in in Economics and Management – namely the CLED curriculum - are able to use the most recent advances in the field of Information and Communication technology, applying interdisciplinary elements to the several competences they can gain in Economics and Management, making the most of the fact that the CLED curriculum is based, first and foremost, on the following areas: innovation in the digital era, the new approaches in marketing and in e-commerce connected with digital economy, big data, digital accounting and new banking models.
Finally, it is worth reminding that the competences students can gain in every curriculum can be enhanced by using the subjects of other curricula as optional exams.
More precisely, the main professional outcomes for graduates in Economics and Management might be the following:
- Financial consultant;
-Bank front-office operator;
- Marketing manager;
- Accounting expert;
- Internal auditor;
- Administrative officer;
- Labor consultant;
- Big Data analyst;
- Competition analyst.